Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Annual Temperature Anomaly -- 1850-2019

On 16/01/2021 17:31, Andrew wrote:
On 16/01/2021 14:46, newshound wrote:
On 16/01/2021 12:43, Andrew wrote:
On 16/01/2021 12:15, newshound wrote:
On 15/01/2021 20:03, Chris Green wrote:
David P wrote:
Why did the Yale researchers call for Zero Population Growth
in 1970, when we were at only 4 billion?
http://berkeleyearth.org/archive/2019-temperatures/

Because even then there were too many of us?!

So how come, Covid apart, we are now pretty much all better off and
healthier than we were then.

Who is 'we' ?. There are now a couple of billion extra people who
are neither healthier or better off.

Not true. There are fewer starving people now than in 1970, even
though the population has nearly doubled. Life expectancy is better
everywhere.

I must have been imagining the LiveAid concerts in 1984 then. And places
like Darfur obviously don't exist.

Will you believe Wikipedia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famines

It's striking how few of those are caused by weather or other natural
causes, rather than by war or similar human led problems.

Andy