Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Annual Temperature Anomaly -- 1850-2019

On 16/01/2021 13:48, charles wrote:
In article , Andrew
wrote:
On 16/01/2021 12:15, newshound wrote:
On 15/01/2021 20:03, Chris Green wrote:
David P wrote:
Why did the Yale researchers call for Zero Population Growth in 1970,
when we were at only 4 billion?
http://berkeleyearth.org/archive/2019-temperatures/

Because even then there were too many of us?!

So how come, Covid apart, we are now pretty much all better off and
healthier than we were then.

Who is 'we' ?. There are now a couple of billion extra people who are
neither healthier or better off. The internet has allowed terrorists and
other nutcases to spread their poison more widely and there are far more
displaced people than in the 70's because of war and poverty.

And it is now impossible for an FTB to get a mortgage to buy a 'doer
upper' property and move up the property ladder. Most are now enforced
renters.

I worried quite a lot about what "the experts" were saying in the 60's
and early 70's. But, being a scientist, I am a great believer in data,
and that shows unequivocally that they were wrong. I see no reason to
be equally swayed by current predictions.

They were right about the ozone hole, caused by refridgerants and aerosol
propellants, and also about the destruction of Scandi pine forests by S02
emissions from UK power stations.

Wrong. The SO2 was coming in from Canada over the UK.

The prevailing winds that the UK generally has, means our
pollution heads out over Denmark and Norway. Canadian
emissions might have added to it, but the UK was a significant
source.