Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Compulsary New Radiators

In message , S Viemeister
writes
On 13/01/2021 21:25, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
snip
Blown air heating always has the air outlets under windows.

Always? My parents' house had hot air heat, and not _one_ of the
outlets/vents was under a window. They were all on inside walls, except
for a couple which were set into the floor.

More likely convenience of ducting from the heat source. My wife had a
'60's built flat which had a central *off peak* storage bank and
radiating ceiling ducts to the nearest corner of the room to be heated.
When we converted to a gas boiler, the radiators were put under the
windows.

--
Tim Lamb