Barb

Default Intercom doesn't work with new thermostat

We have a house built in the 70's with a Nutone intercom system.
The the intercom worked well (built-in base unit in kitchen, with
4 other units throught the house), UNTIL we replaced our forced-air
electric furnace with a NEW gas furnace and new Honeywell
thermostat.
Now, you can hear the voices faintly through the intercom, but
you have to turn-up the volume and there is a lot of static noise.

I realize that the thermostat and the intercom might share the
same wiring. Is it coincidence that our intercom doesn't work
when we got the new furnace?

What can I do to fix the intercom?

Thanks
Barb