Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Finishing Oak.

On 12/01/2021 20:07, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Robert
writes
On 12/01/2021 18:32, wrote:
On 12/01/2021 18:16, Tim Lamb wrote:
We are coming to the end of having a new staircase fitted. Apart
fromÂ* specifying and ordering, my total involvement so far has been
helpingÂ* manoeuvre it through the front door and machining up a
strip of farmÂ* Oak to finish the landing return!
I don't think beeswax is ideal as a stair finish but what should I
use? My carpenters have recommended *Osmo* which is a fancy
finishing oil from Germany.
Attempting to buy some through Amazon, I got caught by their new
secure login: where you have to *tap* the message sent to your
mobile!Â* Are geriatric/Luddites not allowed to shop anymore! I
suppose I couldÂ* get the catering dept. to use her account. Two
birds with one stone asÂ* the new stair was entirely her idea!
I've used Osmo frequently, very good but not cheap. In case you
aren'tÂ* aware there's a range of types so a bit of research is
needed. Also, youÂ* may well find cheaper suppliers (on feebay or
elsewhere) than Amazon.

+1 for Osmo, nice finish used it in a bathroom and for door thresholds.

OK. I'll ask the carpenters for details tomorrow when they fit the GLASS
balustrades:-)

Oh dear. Another catering-department decision ?.