Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Finishing Oak.

On 12/01/2021 22:29, Nick Odell wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 18:16:43 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

snip
Attempting to buy some through Amazon, I got caught by their new secure
login: where you have to *tap* the message sent to your mobile! Are
geriatric/Luddites not allowed to shop anymore!

snip

Tell me about it! I am ordering on my laptop and my primitive,
voice-and-text-only featurephone rings with a click-through link in
the SMS. Except I can't click through on a featurephone. So far I have
succeeded by typing the link, character by character, into my laptop
browser but why can't they just send an authorisation code like
everybody else does?

Might be worth checking if there is PC based app that works with the
feature phone. Most makers have such things to allow backing up of the
phones etc and access to contacts. Many also allow the PC to be used to
view and send text messages. That makes it *much* easier to copy things
like URLs from messages.

--
Cheers,

John.