Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Compulsary New Radiators

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 03:34:58 -0800 (PST), Owain Lastname wrote:

If your 'electric boiler' is going to be on peak rate electricity it may be 'greener' ie use less electricity overall, but it will cost you 3x
the price of storage heaters to run and 5x the price of a mains gas
boiler.

Or not. I pay 10.566 p/unit 24/7 on an E7 tariff. That's only about
2x mains gas.

Some housing associations (or their tenants) have been bitten badly by
ill-advised 'eco' heating schemes that are lucrative for the scheme
developers.

+1

What the OP has posted sets off that alarm bell with me as well.

--
Cheers
Dave.