Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Finishing Oak.

That only happens sometimes. I think its done randomly, since normally there
is no issue. Its not that hard as its quite a short number to remember
usually. There is a lot of fraud going on just now.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
We are coming to the end of having a new staircase fitted. Apart from
specifying and ordering, my total involvement so far has been helping
manoeuvre it through the front door and machining up a strip of farm Oak
to finish the landing return!
I don't think beeswax is ideal as a stair finish but what should I use? My
carpenters have recommended *Osmo* which is a fancy finishing oil from
Germany.
Attempting to buy some through Amazon, I got caught by their new secure
login: where you have to *tap* the message sent to your mobile! Are
geriatric/Luddites not allowed to shop anymore! I suppose I could get the
catering dept. to use her account. Two birds with one stone as the new
stair was entirely her idea!
--
Tim Lamb