Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell[_2_] Nick Odell[_2_] is offline

Default Finishing Oak.

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 18:16:43 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

snip
Attempting to buy some through Amazon, I got caught by their new secure
login: where you have to *tap* the message sent to your mobile! Are
geriatric/Luddites not allowed to shop anymore!

snip

Tell me about it! I am ordering on my laptop and my primitive,
voice-and-text-only featurephone rings with a click-through link in
the SMS. Except I can't click through on a featurephone. So far I have
succeeded by typing the link, character by character, into my laptop
browser but why can't they just send an authorisation code like
everybody else does?

Nick