wendi

Default Denatured Alcohol before Water-based Primer?

After sanding down the gloss of my kitchen cabinet, I vacuumed them. Next,
I tried to clean them with tacky cloth. It didn't work very well. It
doesn't pick up the sand dust in the open grain of my oak cabinets; I
couldn't get to the nook and crankies with the sticky cloth; plus it seems
to leave behind a sticky film. So, instead of tacky cloth, I tried to wipe
the cabinets with mineral spirits and then quickly realize that wouldn't be
good for my water-based primer. So, I switched to denatured alcohol. My
question is, how long should I wait before applying the primer?

thx in advance