Posted to rec.woodworking
Eli the Bearded Eli the Bearded is offline

Default Epoxy, Fabric and Wood

In rec.woodworking, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Will epoxy hold flexible plastic to fabric? Specifically, West Systems
G-Flex epoxy and 3M Dual Lock adhesive tape.

I'm trying to help a friend extend the life of a couch. To keep the
cushions from sliding forward, the manufacturer used Velcro-like hook &
loop material between the bottom of the cushions and the fabric that
covers the springs in the base of the couch. The H&L strips are sewn
onto the cushions and base and have served their purpose well for many
years.

I've used E-6000 for plastic to cloth in the past, specifically for
covering a CD binder with faux fur. It's held up well, and I gather
E-6000 is widely used for fabric applications. It smells bad while
curing and will take a day or so to set.

I see it is now a whole family of products:

http://eclecticproducts.com/products/e6000/

I use a little at a time for various projects, and am on my third 2 oz
tube in about 20 years. Unlike some other adhesives I've used, it lasts
pretty well after opening.

Elijah
------
the binder has seen less use since getting rid of the car with the CD player