Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Socket Converter 2 Gang to 4 Gang

On 11/01/2021 17:55, Theo wrote:
Fredxx wrote:
On 11/01/2021 17:37, Andy Burns wrote:
GB wrote:

I can find some "Socket Converters 2 Gang to 4 Gang", but none from a
brand that I am familiar with.

Does Eterna qualify?

https://www.eterna-lighting.co.uk/product/convert4

Surprised that it needs a fuse, since I would have thought all the
sockets could have been treated like spurs?

I think it's because it's designed for retrofit: if the original was a
single 13A socket, the new attachment is also limited to 13A. That way a
householder can do a replacement wthout need to verify current capacity of
the circuit (eg if this was fitted to an existing spur which the rules say you
can't add extra sockets to).

Fitted one of them and I like it - it's not deep unlike others, so it's
barely thicker than a conventional socket. There is a green LED for the
surge protection which might be annoying in some cases (or tape over it).

Theo

Surely, it has to be as thick as the length of the pins of the plugs
that go into it? About 2-3 cms?