Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone used Gibbs and Dandy?

Theo wrote:
May and August. I hope that would be long enough for them.

I had cause to use Gibbs and Dandy, as Wickes click and collect is
problematic at the moment.

It turns out G&D's website is utterly broken (stock on the website is just
plain wrong, so product pages don't exist, etc), but they are fine on the
phone. Everything went through smoothly, and they managed to deliver for
free next day at 9am. Prices on insulation was slightly more than Wickes
for loft roll, but much cheaper than Wickes for PIR (1.2x2.4m Celotex is
about £25 for 50mm thick and £40 for 100mm, against £45/£75 for Kingspan
TP10 at Wickes).

(G&D is part of Saint Gobain who own Celotex; Wickes have a cheaper brand
Iko Enertherm but only in stores around London it seems, and not for
delivery)

So they were actually fine, it's just their website is useless (and online
accounts is currently offline for several weeks as well).

Theo