Mike

Default Sewer Line Repair / Replacement

Folks,

Need your opinion on a proposed sewer line replacement / repair.

We're in the process of buying a home in the middle of a major city, and
have just done the home inspections. The sewer inspector did a camera look
see with a fiber optic cable, and found a hole in the sewer line,

approx 1 inch wide by 2 inch high.

It's under the sidewalk adjacent to the street. The house is on a hill, and
there is a rock face / garden about 10 feet high (not quite vertical) on the
house side of the sidewalk.

He's told us that it'll take about $15k to repair / replace the line, and
that the repair will give us about 10 to 20 years of service. There is some
settling / cracking in the sidewalk directly above the sewer line.

The house was built about 50 years ago, and we believe that the sewer line
is approx the same age.

Thanks,
Mike