Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default Stair rail - which side?

After serious thinking Thomas wrote :
On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 12:35:06 AM UTC-5, Donna wrote:
As an older individual I need rail on right sight to help going up down is
simply to stay stable ️Up is harder than down oh and Im right handed

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ide-92200-.htm

Old post. I have the standard left rail in basement. What I did for the right
is boat deck cleats and heavy rope for the rail. My jungle gym. I feel safe.

That sounds like a nice solution. Somehow I am reminded of the old
'rope tow' when going skiing back in the day. I would want something
bulky like that, stable and tight, even if it is mostly a psychological
aid.

If suffering with the lasting results of a stroke, I don't think a rope
would be enough though. A little play in the rope could spell disaster.