Dave Plowman

Default victorian/edwardian houses or new houses?

In article ,
IMM wrote:
Newer house are more in demand in some areas, hence the higher price for
them.

It would depend on the older housing stock. If it's all back to back
terraces built next to th'pit, I can understand the preference for a new
house.

However, if it's good Victorian or Edwardian stock built in a decent part
of town it will be closer to the amenities than some faceless new house
built on a flood plain or other land that nobody else wants.

Owners know they are relatively trouble free and cheap to keep warm.
They tend to come with utility rooms and proper plumbing and electrical
systems, not bodged up and added to over years stuff.

--
*I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn