Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to remove cells from drill battery

On 08/01/2021 14:34, newshound wrote:
On 08/01/2021 14:06, Chris Holmes wrote:
On Friday, January 8, 2021 at 2:02:52 PM UTC, John Bryan wrote:
In message
Chris Holmes wrote:

Snip
Chris
I had a similar drill battery and pushing hard on the terminals
alternatively did remove the cells.
The exposed metal parts are spot welded to the cells. The third terminal
if there is a temperature sensor.
You have nothing to fear as the battery is no longer serviceable.

Good luck and Happy New Year.

--
John Bryan

Happy New Year John,

I was just about to report that I had worked this out.

Cells are out.

I shall get ordering some NiCad replacements.

I didn't think you could still get them

ebay has plenty

--
I would rather have questions that cannot be answered...
....than to have answers that cannot be questioned

Richard Feynman