Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Printers (slightly OT)

On 08/01/2021 11:32, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher formulated the question :
electricity is not however

All modern printers go into very low power standby, besides mine is
tucked away in an upstairs bedroom and only powered up when needed via
a Smart Plug.

But a second hand office printer is [probably being sold because it is
an electron gobbler

So don't leave it on all the time. Even our ancient HP4200 has
"instant-on" fuser so there's no need to leave it on to avoid warm-up
time; and we are not so far gone as to turn it off while t'other's job
is actually being processed. It's not like an office with umpteen users.

--
Robin