Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default How to remove cells from drill battery

On 08/01/2021 11:59, Chris Holmes wrote:

Hi All,

I am considering re-calling a 12V Drill battery.

Ive had a quick look, and hit a snag. I cant figure out how to get two
of the cells out of the €śturret€ť.

I have put a couple of pictures up on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191689.../shares/56144v

Anyone any ideas?

Also, the battery is rated at 1.2AH (10 cells).

I assume I should buy 1200mAH cells to maintain the 1.2AH capacity?

TIA

Chris

Cells are sometimes very tight, the usual solution is violence. In this
case, you don't need sealing at the top of the turret, I'd suggest
drilling a couple of holes that would line up with the axis of each cell
and using these to press them out. The cells will presumably be bridged
by a conductor strip, so they will need to be pressed out together.