Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Printers (slightly OT)

On 08/01/2021 09:37, Martin Brown wrote:
On 07/01/2021 22:33, newshound wrote:
****ed off with Ebuyer and Lexmark. At the beginning of December my
cheap Brother mono laser had a toner leak inside. Changed the
cartridge but still making messy prints, I was too busy to grovel
around inside so I picked up a similar looking £100 Lexmark from
Ebuyer (showing reasonable reviews on Amazon, but faster delivery from
eBuyer).

Six weeks on, the low capacity cartridge is out, at which point I find
it seems to have a "chip" like inkjet ones, nothing third party
available, and cartridge prices vary from £50 for 1300 pages to over
£200 for 6k. And nothing with fast delivery.

You didn't check that third party ink cartridges were available before
you bought a printer? That is *the* way to get royally ripped off.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. This is, I think, my fourth "soho" laser
(two colour, two mono) and never had this problem before (including with
the colour Lexmark).

Also, I think I'll be sticking with Amazon in future.