Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Crikey. We have a little gas capacity left

15 foot snowdrifts make for quite a good igloo when piled
up around your house though.

me and my friends walked 2.5 miles each way to school,
up and down a long steep road that was sheet ice (no buses
running).

Andrew

On 07/01/2021 20:17, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I remember some years back that this also happened, 1963 was it, where some
people were cut off for a while but the grid was a bit ad hoc and the
insulation of houses back then was pants. It must be very difficult to judge
capacity needed, but one wonders if a lot of companies are shut at the
moment due to the virus, what might happen if they all came back on and
wanted power as well?
Brian