Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Printers (slightly OT)

In article , Harry Bloomfield wrote:
After serious thinking newshound wrote :
Six weeks on, the low capacity cartridge is out, at which point I find
it seems to have a "chip" like inkjet ones, nothing third party
available, and cartridge prices vary from £50 for 1300 pages to over
£200 for 6k. And nothing with fast delivery.

I always checked consumable costs, before committing to a purchase.

You cannot beat a used ex-office laser, they sell for peanuts, are built
for hard work and the consumables are silly cheap.

Depends on the printer. I have an ex-office A3 colour laser - it's a
wonderful workhorse, but toner s nearly £200 per colour

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England