Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Printers (slightly OT)

williamwright wrote:
On 07/01/2021 22:33, newshound wrote:
****ed off with Ebuyer and Lexmark. At the beginning of December my
cheap Brother mono laser had a toner leak inside. Changed the cartridge
but still making messy prints, I was too busy to grovel around inside so
I picked up a similar looking £100 Lexmark from Ebuyer (showing
reasonable reviews on Amazon, but faster delivery from eBuyer).

Six weeks on, the low capacity cartridge is out, at which point I find
it seems to have a "chip" like inkjet ones, nothing third party
available, and cartridge prices vary from £50 for 1300 pages to over
£200 for 6k. And nothing with fast delivery.

Seems to me Lexmark are taking the ****, Ebuyer too. I have had a
Lexmark colour laser for a couple of years and that has been fine. I
must have put about ten cartridges at less than £20 a time through the
Brother. And a couple of replacement "drums".

I've had various HP and Dell lasers over the past 20 years or so, and
never had this sort of problem before.

So be careful out there if you are in the market!

I have an OKI C712 which cost very little to run.

But do you print anything? :-)

Actually I too have an OKI, it's an MC342n "do everything" laser and
works very well. It is quite big though.

--
Chris Green
·