Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Printers (slightly OT)

On 07/01/2021 23:38, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Brother printers have small trays, small carts - and IME costly to
replace consumables. Compatible carts made a mess of one of my friend's
printer, we gave up even after changing the drum.

Horses for courses. I have a Brother laser purchased because it has a
very small footprint and fits in a small space. The toner cartridge only
lasts for 1000 sheets but is £15 for a compatible replacement. I've had
no problems with compatible cartridge nor with compatible inks for my
Epson. My usage of the printer(s) is light.

With the Brother laser I did check out the cost of consumables before
purchase having been caught in the same situation as the OP 25 years
ago with a beast of a HP laser