Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

Default Printers (slightly OT)

On 07/01/2021 22:33, newshound wrote:

Seems to me Lexmark are taking the ****, Ebuyer too. I have had a
Lexmark colour laser for a couple of years and that has been fine. I
must have put about ten cartridges at less than £20 a time through the
Brother. And a couple of replacement "drums".

I've had various HP and Dell lasers over the past 20 years or so, and
never had this sort of problem before.

So be careful out there if you are in the market!

Also beware firmware upgrades. I have a Samsung laser printer (SoHo)
which I can use toner refills with, but only because I shorted out a
couple of pins on a counter chip on the main board ,/and/ didn't
download a firmware upgrade. That upgrade would have negated the
possibility o using the pin shorting method on the chip. I happened to
have a couple of old, but full, Brother toner cartridges , and have
slowly been using the toner in them to refill the Samsung cartridge.

--

Jeff