Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Crikey. We have a little gas capacity left

It's cold. ****ING cold. The Dutch interconnector is borked. French and
Belgian interconnectors running flat out. Wood burners flat out. Hydro
and pumped nearly flat out. Nuclear as flat out as the number of
reactors not in maintenance allows. No solar. **** all wind. Coal
running as high as I have seen it in 5 years and OCGT is above anything
i've ever recorded.

There seems to be some margin left in gas but its mighty close.

https://gridwatch.org.uk/

If only global warming worked and CO2 made us warm we would be toasty.

Just had a look at the Gridwatch France site. I see their demand is over
87GW, compared to ours at just under 47GW. Considering the population
levels are about the same, do you know what accounts for this 85% higher
demand in France? Your rollover notes that it does not include what
France is exporting. Surely it's not heavy industry, especially with the
effect Covid is having.

--

Jeff