Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Head Lamp recommendations

On 2 Jan 2021 10:10:11 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Fri, 01 Jan 2021 18:32:47 +0000, RJH wrote:

the Leatherman multitools tools (and
particularly the PST II, for an everyday carry) and the Garmin range of
GPS's (had one since they first came out and they have all been
brilliant) ... oh, and the MagLite torches etc.

My Maglites are quite old, but I fitted an aftermarket LED kit to all of
them - mainly for when I drop them!

I've done the same, both for their added robustness plus increased
battery life. I'm not sure the beam pattern is as good as with the
original incandescent but it would probably be better with 'their LED
upgrade kit (I did uses their kit on my Maglite Mini, along with a
pushbutton on/off end cap).

Swiss Army Knife maybe.

Yup. I have about six, in various places. Also two small ones on my two
keyrings (I never leave the house without at least one of them). And a
couple of Swisscards!

Dad, (ex Merchant navy) had a saying that 'A sailor without a knife
was like a ...' well, you could probably make your own version up ...
;-)

Bahco and Wera tools.

Absolutely. My son got me a Machine Mart voucher for my birthday and I
just bought another Wera screwdriver set.

Daughter needs a 'decent set of screwdrivers for her 'life (flat / car
/ furniture ...)' so I'll check them out.

And I use the Bahco sockets all
the time.

I still have a couple of Kamasa socket sets (1/4 and 1/2" SqDr) from
when I was a lad and most of it is still there and working. ;-)

Cheers, T i m