Curmudgeon

Default Modifying a transfer switch

Would seem a lot simpler to move the generator closer to the entrance panel
and use the equipment as designed. They make good weatherproof covers for
generators.

"toller" wrote in message
I am finally going to install a transfer switch; an Emergen 6-5000. It

has
a recessed plug in the face.

I want to remove the plug and cover it with a piece of sheet metal. I

will
then cut a hole (preferably in the top of the box, but in the new sheet
metal if necessary) for a cable clamp and hardwire a cable to the switch.
Then run the cable the length of the house to a plug where I run my
generator. (In the garage with doors propped open at the front and back )

Is there any hideous flaw in this scheme that I am overlooking? Thanks