Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mobile phone

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Fred wrote:

Its all completely automatic on an iphone. If your phone dies
like his did, just replace it, enter your apple ID on the
replacement and carry on regardless.

Same with android phones ...

Only if you've let Apple/Google have your data (I don't)

I can't remember the process fully, and I'm not going to wipe my phone
just to find out, but when I upgraded from Nexus5X to Pixel3 there was
an option to transfer apps/data between them using a USB-C to USB-C
cable, possibly initiated by tapping them back-to-back for NFC.

I don't know if this works on Samsung/Huwaei/OnePlus/etc phones, or just
Google's own devices.