Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Mobile phone

On 30 Dec 2020 at 14:00:06 GMT, ""Dave Plowman" News)"
wrote:

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 16:11:32 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Its all completely automatic on an iphone. If your phone dies like

his
did, just replace it, enter your apple ID on the replacement
and carry on regardless.

Same with android phones ...

Only if you've let Apple/Google have your data (I don't) or run your
own cloud/sync server (I do). Or use something like "My Phone
Explorer".

I'm *really* not sure I want to give Apple or Google my phone book, etc.

I don't know about Apple, but I think Google have got your contacts via
Android whether you use their storage or not.

--
Roger Hayter