Lawrence

Default Wireless Room Stats - Any good?

My experience when living in a flat with one was good, it was
controlling a combi boiler. And what I miss now is the ability to set
desired temperatures for time of day. I am still trying to find
something I can use with my new system. Not sure what the make was,
but boiler was in roof space of an abedeen tenemant (top floor flat).

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:39:46 GMT, "Mike Hibbert"
wrote:

Hello all,

I want to install a room stat into the new house. I am ok with simple
wiring, but wouldn't particulary want to run long wires to the room with the
stat, so a wireless one seems like a good idea. Are they any good? My
thoughts on things like wireless alarms and wireless doorbell are that they
are not that brilliant.
I am looking at the CM67 - RF from Honeywell
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s...gue_Room_Therm
ostats_by_Honeywell_1184.html as I really like the idea of having the house
warm up by a given time rather than coming on at a set time. The house can
get chilly sometimes and quite warm at others, this would be a good feature.
Has anyone tried one of these and have any views?

Cheers
Mike

Lawrence

usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk