Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Angle adapter widget for outdoor light fixture?

On 12/30/2020 1:12 PM, trader_4 wrote:
I'm replacing two motion activated outdoor lights. The old ones were
Heath- Zenith halogen with the dual bright feature. That's where they
come on at dusk for 4 or 6 hours at maybe 30% intensity to provide
accent lighting. At night if there is motion anytime, they come on full.

So, I'm replacing them with LED. First problem is that almost all the
LED ones just put out 5000 temp harsh light, even if they put out less
than full, it's still harsh and ugly. Next is that these have to go under
a soffit and while some of these lights claim to be mountable either
on a wall or under a soffit, they really don't point right when mounted
under a soffit. They wind up pointing to the ground close to where
they are mounted, at best, instead of lighting an area 25 ft out.
Next problem is the ones that are allegedly usable
under a soffit are meant to be installed on a 90 deg soffit and my
soffit follows the roof pitch, which is 22 deg on one roof. The other
is less, maybe 15 deg. After searching, the best light I found
are these, that Lowes stocks:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Enbrighten-...mer/1000478503

They allow you to adjust the color of the low accent lighting, which
sounds really nice. And the heads are adjustable for use under
a soffit as much as any are adjustable.

So, I'm looking for an adapter that can go as an interposer between
the fixture and electrical box so the fixture mounts horizontal, 90 deg
instead of 90 - 22 deg, etc. One box is 4" round, other is std
rectangular type. I could replace the rectangular one if needed.
The interposer needs to have an angle of at least 22 deg. If it's
more, like 33 deg I think it would work better, helping make it so
the light heads can be positioned facing out, away from the house
more.

I haven't really started to look for the interposer widget, but thought
I'd ask here is anyone knows of ones that would work. White or
paintable white, angle of 22 min, more maybe 33 to even 45 might
be better. If there was something you could cut to whatever angle
you want that might be good too. Anyone know of a good candidate?

Thanks.

Would something like this work?
https://tinyurl.com/yavw6gcd

This does not seem to have enough angle unless you used two
https://tinyurl.com/yccjrwjv