Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default How does a dishwasher know how much water is in it?

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message l.net, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 10:06:40 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

I always connect ours to the soft water supply ...

More faffing about to maintain that. Not a problem here, lovely soft
mains water since they switched the source to Burnhope reservior. No
scale in kettle just a little bit of brown deposit that takes months
to appear.
Previously the supply was from an addit in limestone, that was a
little hard, descale kettle once or twice a year of nearly pure white
scale. St Albans, hard as nails, descale kettle every couple of
months of scale in lots of pretty green and blue colours...

And apart from having to pre-clean they send your drinks glasses

all
"frosted".

Don't put any glass other than Pyrex/empty jars in a dishwasher!

More faffing about hand washing your glasses when you've spnet lots
of money an a machine that doesn't do what it's supposed to do...

I'm sure they would fine on a *glass only* setting.

They are in fact fine with the best detergent.

Leaded glasses are worse. I am banned from putting even cheap tumblers in
ours!

Then you need to use a better detergent.