Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default How does a dishwasher know how much water is in it?

"Fred" wrote in message
Interesting the big differences between north american
and european dishwashers. I have never seen a dishwasher
with a prewash detergent dispenser and I have been using
dishwashers since the very early 70s and we dont connect
our dishwashers to the hot water supply.

For the UK market, are *any* dishwashers and (clothes) washing machines
still sold which connect to a both cold and hot water supply, as opposed to
just connecting to cold water and heating it as required? At a guess, I'd
say washing machines have been cold-water-only for the last 30 years. Not
sure about dishwashers.