Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How does a dishwasher know how much water is in it?

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

I'd have thought there should be a level detector rather than a flow
meter, as that would be too hit and miss in my view.

More fool you, its easier to do a flow meter reliably.

One of the reasons I never got one is that so many who do have one have
problems with them.

That’s as silly as always washing your clothes down
the river because washing machines do fail at times.

In many cases the dishes need pre cleaning or the thing cannot cope

None of mine have ever needed that.

so what is the point?

The point is that good ones with good detergent don’t.

"misterroy" wrote in message
My neighbours dishwasher filled up so that when she opened the door there
was a few inches of water ready to flood her kitchen floor.

I reckon it is a sensor fault. I dug about on the internet, and it
suggests it is a flow meter that tells the machine how much water is in
there.
(
https://www.how-to-repair.com/help/b...replace-parts/
could even be the same machine)

How does the flow meter tell how much water is in there?

or I am barking up the wrong tree?