Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How does a dishwasher know how much water is in it?

I'd have thought there should be a level detector rather than a flow meter,
as that would be too hit and miss in my view. One of the reasons I never got
one is that so many who do have one have problems with them. In many cases
the dishes need pre cleaning or the thing cannot cope so what is the
point?Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"misterroy" wrote in message
My neighbours dishwasher filled up so that when she opened the door there
was a few inches of water ready to flood her kitchen floor.

I reckon it is a sensor fault. I dug about on the internet, and it
suggests it is a flow meter that tells the machine how much water is in
there.
(
https://www.how-to-repair.com/help/b...replace-parts/
could even be the same machine)

How does the flow meter tell how much water is in there?

or I am barking up the wrong tree?