Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Head Lamp recommendations

On 29 Dec 2020 at 23:00:53 GMT, "T i m" wrote:

On 29 Dec 2020 21:53:00 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 21:39:53 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

Just a simple head lamp, probably adjustable, occasional use where hands
free and a bit of extra light needed.

I have a Draper LED (one or three lights) with a hand recharger but it
really isn't very bright and doesn't retain charge for long (3.6v 80mAh
NiMh batteries).

I'd be happy with 2 or 3 AAA and I'd then use Eneloop rechargeable.

So much stuff on the market - some looks sensible eg:

https://www.micksgarage.com/g/torche...ghts/products/

bc7b3393829/cob-led-head-lamp-lamp-3w-3-x-aaa-batteries-

but some practical recommendations welcomed.

SWMBO loves Petzl for camping. IO bought one and am also very pleased for
work round the house and garden.

+3 (we all had one). ;-)

Petzl Zipka here, no straps to get caught up in everything else in
your pocket (recoiling headband), very light, 3 x AAA, well built,
good light ...

https://www.petzl.com/INT/en/Sport/C...eadlamps/ZIPKA

I've an oldish Petzl - does the job well, but I find the light dips
considerably after about 20 minutes using AAA rechargeables. I'm inclined to
try their rechargeable pack, but at £20 . . .

--
Cheers, Rob