Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Are Home Depot & B&Q linked?

Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:
Do we care even? B and Q used to be known as Block and Quailed as those were
the surnames of the people who started it. I'm assuming they sold it and
went off to live somewhere with a nice climate with their feet up.
Brian

They both sold out fairly early but stayed in the UK , Quayle moved into
the video hire business and built up a large chain of shops and then sold
them to Blockbuster, he also backed an art gallery in Eastleigh which his
wife took part in running and theatre productions He died from a heart
attack while on a cruise in 2010 leaving about 4 million which would be a
lot for most people but not really in the mega rich bracket.

Block had left earlier seemingly having decided the world of big business
was not for him and went onto running an alternative medicine ,nutrition
business in Derbyshire . I also have an inkling that at one time there were
reports that he was also working as a driving instructor but ICBW on that.
His desire to live a low key life seems to have worked as no easy trail to
whether he is still around
appears to be available.

GH