Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Sockets

On 28/12/2020 13:32, JohnP wrote:
My wife had not forgiven me for not specifying brushed chrome sockets and
switches in the kinchen when it was extended'

She even said she would accept some as a Xmas present - fine by me and I
would enjoy fitting them.

Not the case. They were a very tight fit into the back boxes - making final
alignment improssible without moving the back box. The boxes were flush to
the wall face.

The space for the wires was very restricted - especially where there was a
spur off the ring.

2 hours and 6 sockets later and I now need some polyfilla and paint.

I have not forgiven the electricial for not fitting deeper boxes.

I had a similar problem. How about painting the white sockets silver? Is
your wife short-sighted?

Bill