Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Flueless gas fires

On 27/12/2020 09:41, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Saturday, 26 December 2020 at 15:30:33 UTC, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
I have had three flueless gas fires, you know the type with cats and
have never had a problem getting a gas safe enginer to fit
them....anyway a friend has had three recent knock backs with regard to
fitting one ....what has changed ?... they are still being sold but gas
safe engineers refuse to fit any more.....why? any ideas...been told
'the rules make it very difficult'.....

I'm just wondering what is the rate of air movement through the required 100 cm3 ventilation when the wind is around 63 mph outside (last night's predicted wind speed)? Does such a heater actually contribute any warmth at all in high winds and low outside air temperatures? Or would you be warmer by removing the heater and sealing up the hole in the wall?

my vent is to the underbuilding so not a problem....later the vent must
be in a wall so don't know if it is a problem...