Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flueless gas fires

Well all that water vapour has to go somewhere I'd suppose. I recall the
issues with stand alone paraffin heaters in the 60s and 70s where the paint
would end up yellow with the muck. I doubt that would be so bad with gas, as
it can burn purer, but surely you need to have a well ventilated room or the
oxygen levels against toxic gas would soon be rather dangerous. At least
that was whet the shop told us about the ones which ran on bottled gas and
were thus semi portable.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"williamwright" wrote in message
On 26/12/2020 16:25, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
On 26/12/2020 15:30, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
I have had three flueless gas fires, you know the type with cats and
have never had a problem getting a gas safe enginer to fit
them....anyway a friend has had three recent knock backs with regard to
fitting one ....what has changed ?... they are still being sold but gas
safe engineers refuse to fit any more.....why? any ideas...been told
'the rules make it very difficult'.....

https://www.plumbersforums.net/threa...as-fire.14723/
reaction seems over the top for supossid engineers...I have never had a
problem on low or with condensation...strange

They make a lot of condensation.

Bill