Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Why did my roof stop leaking?

On Sat, 26 Dec 2020 14:01:21 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 12/26/2020 5:01 AM, Thomas wrote:
On Saturday, December 26, 2020 at 7:19:05 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, December 26, 2020 at 6:21:44 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
I have a pitched roof with, I guess, asphalt shingles.

A few weeks ago, water was dripping from a spot in the 2nd floor
ceiling, during the rain.

But the rain was ending when I woke up, and it's rained several times
since then, even more heavily, with no dripping.

Not positive but I don't think there was much wind when it was dripping.

What's going on?

What should I look for when getting it fixed?
A complete tear-off and inspection of the sheathing with
replacement of any rotted areas.
How can this be?

Why did my roof stop leaking?
It doesn't matter. Get your roof fixed. Didn't we talk about the
selfsame roof like two years ago?

Water is the enemy.

Cindy Hamilton

It did not stop. The water chose a different path.

Or, it is just not raining as hard, and the wood structure and
insulation is absorbing it to rot the structure.

Along with the boxes in the basement soaking up the water I think
Mikey's house will be "dozer reno" job when he's finished with it - -
- -