Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone used Gibbs and Dandy?

alan_m wrote:
In my experience anyone who doesn't quote a price is going to be
expensive for small order quantities. Also watch out for high delivery
costs on orders less than x hundreds of pounds.

I've had past good experiences with Ridgeons for timber - marginally more
expensive than the sheds at walk-up pricing, but much better quality.
Unfortunately they've been taken over by Huws Gray and their merged website
is (still) a bit of a disaster zone.

Then there are the smaller independents, whose websites say basically 'we
sell wood, loadsa wood. Call us for what we have'. Which is fair enough,
up to a point. Past experience is that pricing can be ok but ranges can be
limited. I should do some ringing around when they have reopened.

Thanks all for the feedback, I think I'll give G&D a miss.

Theo