Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan[_21_] Alan[_21_] is offline

Default Anyone used Gibbs and Dandy?

On Sat, 26 Dec 2020 15:40:08 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Has anyone any experiences with Gibbs and Dandy builders' merchants?
They're part of the Saint Gobain empire, although seemingly different
from Jewson (also owned by S-G).

I haven't used the one here much since they took over the local indy
firm (just a couple of tiles)

I used to use them all the time as a cash customer, probably around £200
a week in materials.
Then one day I went in, and was charged about double the usual amount.
Apparently, as I hadnt got an account, they couldnt reduce the prices.
This was after they had lost my account application and its references
etc.
My mate was the deputy Manager, even he couldnt do anything, as they had
orders from head office about pricing. Never used them again. This was 10
years ago, so things may have changed.