Dan O.

Default Caloric Oven Won't Light Properly

H.H. Mayo wrote in message

The model is RST-376 UW. It is a self cleaning oven.
I just now tried it again, and the burner remains
lit now, but the ignitor doesn't shut off.

SO, I guess I have another set of symptoms now. ???

Dan O. wrote

No.

On a hot surface (ignitor) oven ignition system, the
ignitor should glow whenever the burner is on. The
ignitor glowing (actually - the specific amount of
electrical current allowed to flow through it) is
what keeps the gas valve open.

No power = no ignitor = no gas.

Glad to hear it's working now. You may just have to
use it until the part causing the problem fails once
and for all so it can be found.

But I'd look toward the oven control system. The
relays on those electronic controls can be flaky.

Caloric RST376 UW Electronic control
http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rc=343298

Sorry, on that model there is a separate relay board and those relays
are not on the electronic control itself. The good news is that if the
relay board is required, it is much cheaper than the electronic
control.

Caloric RST376 UW Relay Board
http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rc=1988

JFYI