Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Any experience of fireplace or chimney dampers?

On 24/12/2020 11:31, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 23/12/2020 11:07, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 23/12/2020 01:22, wrote:
We have a large'ish open fire and I'm tempted to make, or to get
made, something to close-off the chimney when the fire isn't in use
(which is most of the time). Has anyone here done the same?

(Yes, I know I could fit a wood burner but it's a large fire in a
formal room and it just wouldn't look right - according to SWMBO)

If it's only used rarely, a chimney balloon is the thing, looks like
an inflatable pillow.

Possible downside.

Â*If Santa gets stuck, there will be no presents this year.

Ha! I'll wait until after Christmas to make any changes ;-)
Fortunately our Covid isolation ends at 1 second past midnight on
Christmas day, so we'll be able to welcome him/her/it.