Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lighting Incompatibility?

On 23/12/2020 18:28, ARW wrote:
On 21/12/2020 10:18, Paul wrote:
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 17:49:13 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 19/12/2020 10:23, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 04:24:58 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Worse. I have weird interactions between dimmers, banks of LEDS and
incandescents..where dimming one bank starts another bank flickering.
I conclude there is some sort of HF hash being put out...
Oh! Well, if it can happen to YOU it can happen to the best of us, I
guess. I suppose it's time to bite the bullet and dump ALL the
remaining tubes and embrace greener tech for once! The old fluos
turned out to be 2400mm long - much longer than the 6' they'd appeared
from floor level. Perhaps maintaining a discharge over that distance
is a more precarious undertaking than with the more common, shorter
tube lengths usually encountered.:-/

LED tubes are not quite as efficient as a good fluoro (sp!) but they
don't flicker as badly and the light quality is softer and more even
across the spectrum And they don't contain mercu

Er.... LEDs less efficient than fluoro?? Are we being lied to by TPTB
about that as well?

There's actually a web page that explains the *multiple* types
of LED tube products, and how to get the best from them.
Type A. Type B. Type C. Type D=A+B ?

With a chart like this, you can see that one product, touts
140 lumens per watt. The industry does not place a premium on
providing efficiency information, so that chart might be all that
you get in the way of hints. What it does mean, is if you
shop around, you might find a good one.

https://img.ledsmagazine.com/files/b...fit=max&w=1440

Â*Â*Â* (
https://www.ledsmagazine.com/smart-l...ticle/16695188
)

Removing the ballast, and not using Type A, would be a start.

Type A €“ Easiest Installation

LED Tube with Integrated Driver €“ Compatible and Operated on Existing
LFL Ballast

Type B €“ Simplest Total System

Ballast Bypass LED Tube €“ Wired to Mains

Type C €“ Best Performance

LED Tube with Remote Driver

*******

Page 32Â* Comparison of three lighting solutions.

https://na.eventscloud.com/file_uplo..._EFC201 6.pdf

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â*Â* energy
regular T8Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* 280320
LED Tube on Ballast outputÂ*Â* 183960
LED Tube, bypass to mainsÂ*Â*Â* 157680

There's no number for the remote driver case.

The LED tube has a firing angle of 160 degrees and does not rely on
the reflector returning the "back light".

LED versus CFL.

https://img.ledsmagazine.com/files/b...fit=max&w=1440

But it would be nice to see the same fittings with cleaned diffusers and
new working in fluorescents in a 3rd photo.

I love a bit of marketing FUD cunningly disguises as 'scientific research'

--
Any fool can believe in principles - and most of them do!