Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Shortages and rationing

On 23/12/2020 00:58, John Rumm wrote:
On 21/12/2020 23:42, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 20:56:04 +0000, alan_m
wrote:

On 21/12/2020 20:42, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 20:28:08 +0000, williamwright
wrote:

On 21/12/2020 14:44, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Are there any? Live export mainly goes through Ramsgate and not all
live exports are for slaughter, some are for fattening. Everything
living dies, it's one of the very few absolute guarantees of life.

Yes but we shouldn't allow unnecessary suffering. We have a moral duty
to take care of all animals.

Ok, jokes over, what have you done with Bill? ;-(

He's turned Vegan.

The irony of course is 'most people' are vegan (in their principals re
cruelty towards animals) they are just conditioned ... normalised to
switch that compassion off when it comes to some animals that others
have told them aren't sentient creatures that share many of the same
needs, desires and sensations as us but are just there to be food?

Give a child an apple and a rabbit and it will play with the rabbit
and eat the apple. If on a desert island and without the conditioning,
at what point do you think it would think to eat the rabbit?

I would have it first, and save the apple for desert...

Not to mention many days of sustenance from the rabbit, with a nice high
nutrient density (one of the highest percentages of protein of all
meats). Lean but also rich in B3 and B12. Stays fresh for extended
periods without refrigeration as well. And when you are done, some nice
fur mitts to keep you hands warm. The less palatable bits can be used
for fishing bait. There is very little wasted in a rabbit.

If you have some breading rabbits, even better - they reproduce fast and
help harvest nutrients from the flora of the island without needing
organised agriculture. They are easy to keep and survive in a good range
of temperatures.

As a bonus you get 4 lucky rabbit feet per rabbit... (although its fair
to say at that point they did not work so well for bunnykins).

Ossies do big bunnies