Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Shortages and rationing

On 23/12/2020 11:19, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 00:58:33 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

Give a child an apple and a rabbit and it will play with the rabbit
and eat the apple. If on a desert island and without the conditioning,
at what point do you think it would think to eat the rabbit?

I would have it first, and save the apple for desert...

snip

Would you though? If you weren't brought up in a culture where animals
were seen as food, what would make you think they were edible?

Probably when your family were starving.

With no fire (knowledge of or the means to make one), how would you
process it to even make it consumable?

That is the point, man discovered fire.

This is my point, if 'most people' see an injured animal or one in
distress they will generally do all they can to help.

A short-sighter approach. In many instances it would be more kind to
instantly end the suffering.

Releasing it
from being caught and / or taking it to a vet / rescue to ensure it
gets treatment (as we did recently with a goose with a leg that was
about to drop off because of fishing line).

Only by someone who is trying to make a pointless point. Given your
history of a uncaring attitude towards animal welfare this is doubtful.

The cognitive dissonance would be after rescuing said animal, people
would go and tuck into the remains of another animal that would have
suffered at some point?

You may well suffer cognitive dissonance, as I'm sure you do every time
you feed your dogs a cruel diet.

Animals who wouldn't generally be here (or exist as a sub species)
*naturally*, they are only here because of *artificial* insemination.

Farmed Turkeys are probably not alone in being a farmed animal (even
the terms now disgusts me) unable to breed naturally, because of how
much we have mutated them for our own needs.

So, killing anything should only ever be done out of necessity, kill
of be killed, self defence (when that is the only assured solution),
... or survival and the latter doesn't apply to the vast majority re
animals and food in 2020.

Quite, if you deem it necessary to have a natural balanced diet then
meat products are a necessity.