Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car key fob.

On 22/12/2020 17:21, Scion wrote:
On Tue, 22 Dec 2020 17:05:16 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 22/12/2020 12:04, Scion wrote:

Yes, but...new tools!

Well yes BUT I tend not to buy tools for once off usage.

When I had to break up an old shed base it was cheaper to buy a cheap,
heavy SDS and use it as a breaker than to hire a real one for a day.

I figured if it only lasted for the one job it saved me money.

The job probably took twice as long as it could have - but the SDS is
going strong 15 years later!

Well I agree with that, and have done that, but in this case it was
cheaper to send it away than buy the tools to do it.

OTOH I can buy a chain saw - and just did - for as much as it costs to
have a man and a chainsaw for a day...

7 trees this year have needed surgery...and there otr four more that are
trying to be trees and not a hedge

--
"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight
and understanding".

Marshall McLuhan